Thursday, January 8, 2009

Stuck no more!

I use to feel stuck in a box, like my kittens had been when my brother put them in. They were unable to get out because the box was too steep and they're too fat to get out without our help. Because we own them, I felt it was my responsibility to help them out--to pull them out of the box.

Lately, I've felt stuck in the box myself, just waiting for someone to come pull me out.

I've been stressed about school, being a better friend, attending more youth-y activities so I'm closer to the kids (I felt a HUGE amount of regret after Megan died because I felt I didn't be there enough.) I was feeling lonely, emotionally. I'm feeling a bit under the weather too. I feel like a loser because I don't have a job (yet) and I don't have my licence (another yet). The list of imperfections in my life could go on and on....

Seminary yesterday really hit me while watching a video on Christ. I realized that even though I'M having emotional issues right now, CHRIST went through not only MY issues, but yours and EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHOSE EVER LIVED. I have no idea HOW on earth he was able to do that...it makes me feel comforted from it too.

I'm able to say I'm almost out of my emotional box, with the help of God, my family, and a few people who will remain anonymous (but you know who you are.) I am so very, very, VERY thankful for you guys. I'd be lost without you all. I love you all so very much. Thank you!

3 comments:

The Valsy said...

A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a Rupee 500 note. In the room of 200,rnHe asked, "Who would like this Rupee 500 note?"rnHands started going up.rnHe said, "I am going to give this note to one of yournbut first let me do this."rnHe proceeded to crumple the note up.rnHe then asked, "Who still wants it?"rnStill the hands were up in the air.rn"Well," he replied, "What if I do this?"rnAnd he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now all crumpled and dirty.rn"Now who still wants it?"rnStill the hands went into the air.rn"My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson.rnNo matter what I did to the money.rnYou still wanted it because it did notrndecrease in value. It was still worth Rupee 500/-.rnrnMany times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless.rnBut no matter what has happened or what will happen.rnNever lose your value.rnYou are special. Don't ever forget it!

Carol said...

You are struggling to find yourself and your place in life, everyone goes through that as they grow up. The person you are finding is a talented, intelligent girl with a wondrous spirit and a loving heart.

The kittens were not scared in the box because they could see you keeping an eye on them and because they were together. You will never be alone, no matter what kind of box that you feel you are in. Heavenly Father will always be watching over you. We will always be in the box with you. We love you.

Hunter Bug said...

See.. I'm not really understanding how you could be terrified of public speaking... because you are awesome at it! Sure.. this is over the computer.. and it isn't really the same.. heck yes it is the same!!! That was put soo wonderfully.. I could've said it better myself! Your such an inspiration to me!

At least now I know you were awake during the movie. lol! Love you!!!!!!!