Though the next days/weeks/months/YEARS will be difficult for Megan's family, we are all here for them and they're in our prayers and God knows that they're having a difficult time right now, and he thankfully has promised that he'll NEVER give us trials we can't overcome AND that he'll never leave us alone.
These verses have brought me much comfort the past 5 days.
- Doctrine and Covenants 121:7-9
7. My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment.
8. And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all they foes.
9. Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.
- Doctrine and Covenants 24:8
8. Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even until the end of thy days.
- Alma 40:11-12
11. Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection--Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life.
12. And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow.